Online Remote Tuition for the GL 11+“We joined the Sue Chapman tuition programme in February 2022, and opted for the online learning to fit in around our child’s schedule. The online materials have been extremely engaging and easy to follow. Our son quickly got into the rhythm and all of the materials were posted out promptly to support our child’s learning. Sue has been very supportive and informative throughout the whole process. Communication has been fantastic to support both us and our child all the way, right until after the exams. I would highly recommend Sue Chapman 11+ tuition."
Sarn – October 2022
“Many thanks to Sue and her team for the support and encouragement that they have provided for my two daughters. This year has been particularly challenging, yet during these difficult times Sue and her team adapted quickly continuing to provide regular tutor contact, remote learning and additional lessons in a Covid-secure environment. Highly recommended!”
Martin – January 2021
How does our acclaimed Year 5 remote tuition programme work for children preparing for the GL 11+?
The remote Y5 programme for the GL 11+ is 42 weeks long. It includes two progress assessments (in Nov and Feb) and two mock exams delivered in May and June (full 11+ standard). Extensive written feedback following each assessment/mock will highlight your child’s 11+ strengths and target areas so that you can focus additional work and revision periods accordingly.
Each weekly lesson includes video tutorials and printed materials. Replicating our highly-successful face to face lessons, the online video tutorials, audios and timed activities are the ultimate home-based GL 11+ exam preparation. The course includes expert help on focused test and timing techniques which are vital for any exam.
- For each week of normal Y5 term time you receive printed lessons, posted to you for each half term of the year;
- Via our Parent Area you’ll access the online video tutorials that directly support the lesson materials for English and Verbal Reasoning, Numerical Reasoning and Non-Verbal Reasoning.
- Expert and specialist 11+ teaching by Sue Chapman herself with extensive guidance and instruction to help your child complete each question type including the more difficult questions;
- Sue provides extensive guidance to help you structure a summer revision schedule to suit your child’s needs – the summer period is critical since children can suffer summer learning loss if skills that they’ve worked hard to attain throughout Y5 are not maintained across the holiday immediately prior to the exam.
- Please call us on 01926 821011 or email firstname.lastname@example.org if you’d like a FREE TRIAL of the online tuition so that you can see exactly how it works for yourself.
Why choose our remote tuition programme for your child?
- Sue has almost 40 years of primary teaching experience, the last 17 of which have been dedicated to preparing children for the 11+ exam; she achieves fantastic results. Completely trusted by parents, Sue gives you exemplary guidance throughout the whole 11+ process.
- Her meticulously structured 11+ online video course helps your child to make the transition to 11+ test standard.
- Parents can see the teaching methods, techniques and exam strategies used to help their child in the video tutorials.
- Your child can pause, repeat or rewind the videos at any time to further enhance their understanding of the many strategies taught.
- The normal weekly cost of £24 includes teaching tutorials, printed work, along with assessments and mock exams followed by detailed feedback, guidance and additional study advice.
- The online parent area not only provides parents with access to the video tutorials but also includes important information and advice to parents about different aspects of the 11+ process throughout the year.
“Sue Chapman’s 11+ tuition programme came highly recommended to us. We joined the remote programme Sue has to offer and it has been an invaluable resource for us to take our daughter through the 11+ process. The weekly lessons delivered by Sue covered all aspects and more to prepare us for the exam. The rigorous assessment and mocks exams provided by Sue are simply the best way to prepare. Sue, Steve and the whole team are really friendly, approachable and professional, which made such a difference to the learning journey. We would recommend Sue’s tuition to anyone looking to prepare their child for the 11+ exam, and we look forward to enrolling our youngest next!”
Louise Li – Oct 2022
“I’ve been thoroughly impressed with Sue and her team. The whole product has a very professional feel to it but is delivered in a friendly and welcoming way, which is essential when dealing with children.
From the initial meeting…through the lessons, homework setting, assessments, mock exams and overall communication it’s been nothing short of a first-class experience and, as such, would highly recommend them.”
Guy Furnival – November 2022
“Sue and her team adapted with decisive agility to the COVID restrictions using a combination of pre-recorded sessions… I am sure it was not easy keeping ahead of the curve in a constantly changing situation but they achieved it with success and grace. It’s this kind of commitment to the childrens’ success, regardless of external factors, that mean I will be asking for Sue’s tutoring, for the third time, in a few years! Grateful thanks again.”
Maya and Zena – January 2021
What feedback do you receive?
- Progress is monitored carefully through Sue’s comprehensive assessment and mock exam programme.
- Whenever your child completes an assessment or mock exam (November, February, May and June) you will receive a detailed analysis of your child’s results.
- The results and feedback documents are extensive, highlighting main and sub-section scores so that parents can gain a full understanding of their child’s performance in each assessment and an appreciation of whether their child is on track to gain a qualifying score for a Grammar School place. A comprehensive list of additional materials and resources with each results document assists parents in addressing target areas so as to help children access as many marks as possible in subsequent tests.
- All answers are provided for your child or yourself to mark their weekly unit of work to help you further monitor their progress as we go through the year.
How to enrol
We provide tuition in a number of locations for children from Warwick, Leamington Spa, Kenilworth, Stratford Upon Avon and the surrounding villages.